Shared Cash Offering
On the third Sunday of each month, we share our cash offering to benefit a cause outside of our church. Cash placed in the collection baskets will be contributed to the organization chosen for that month. Recipient organizations are published in the church newsletter and in the orders of service on third Sunday mornings.
Some recent recipients of our shared cash offering have been:
- The Interfaith Federation of Greater Baton Rouge
- Diversity House
- Louisiana Environmental Action Network (LEAN)
- Planned Parenthood
- UCBR Days for Girls
- Dialogue on Race Louisiana
- Iris Domestic Violence Center
- Volunteers in Public Schools (VIPS)
- Capitol Area Alliance for the Homeless (CAAH)
- Odell S. Williams Now and Then Museum of African American History
- Forward Arts
- Louisiana Bucket Brigade
We prioritize organizations that are working toward justice and peace, with an emphasis on local projects. If you’d like to nominate a worthy organization, fill out the form below for the social justice team’s consideration.