At the Unitarian Church of Baton Rouge, families are important! Family ministry, simply put, is the way we help people of all ages learn about our faith, build meaningful spiritual practices, and put our values into action in our everyday lives.
We provide opportunities for:
- Ethical growth: Internalizing enduring values like justice, equity, and compassion, and gaining tools to act on them in everyday life.
- Social growth: Connecting with peers and people of all ages on a deeper level. Finding acceptance among people who see beyond the superficial.
- Spiritual growth: Feeling a connection with the sacred within, among, and beyond us.
Family ministry includes our Sunday morning programs and so much more, such as:
- Our Whole Lives Sexuality Education
- Adult faith formation
- Community-building events such as gumbo cook-offs and holiday parties
- Home ministry materials
Want to know more? Read “What is Faith Formation?” or email our Director of Family Ministries, Kathy Smith.