The Unitarian Church of Baton Rouge was founded in the fall of 1951 by a small group of people who had been searching for a liberal religious community in southern Louisiana.
After moving around the city for several years, in 1965 the Unitarian Fellowship (as it was then known) dedicated their property on Goodwood Blvd, where the church is still located.
After nearly 70 years, the Unitarian Church of Baton Rouge proudly continues its role as a leading congregation in the Southern Region of the UUA, and as an ever-evolving and dynamic spiritual home to its members. The church remains open to all who seek what it has to offer, and steadfast in its mission to “make this a better world.”
Download a full history of the church below, written by church historian Rebecca Cureau.